You can find some of my recent talks on www.slideshare.net/rgrossman.
Kindle Edition of Structure
The Amazon Kindle Edition of my book "The Structure of Digital Computing: From Mainframes to Big Data," is now available on Amazon.
- Quickly Identifying Incidents from Twitter Streams, PAW Chicago, June 11, 2013
- The Design of a Community Science Cloud: The Open Science Data Cloud Perspective, Data Cloud 2012, The Third International Workshop on Data Intensive Computing in the Clouds, (SC 12 Workshop) November 11, 2012, Salt Lake City.
- A Tutorial Introduction to Big Data, SC 12, November 13, 2012, Salt Lake City.
- Best Practices for Building and Deploying Predictive Models over Big Data, O'Reilly Strata Conference, October 23, 2012.
- Bionimbus: Lessons from a Petabyte-Scale Science Cloud Service Provider, 6th Extremely Large Databases Conference (XLDB-2012), September 11, 2012, Stanford University.
- What is the Analytic Maturity of Your Company and How Can You Improve It?, Predictive Analytics World (PAW), Chicago, June 25, 2012.
- I gave a talk called "The Emergence of Big Data as a Discipline and Its Impact on Biology, Medicine, and Health Care" for researchers interested in big data at the NIST Big Data Workshop in Gaithersburg, MD on June 13, 2012.
- I gave a nontechnical version of the talk "The Emergence of Big Data as a Discipline and Its Impact on Biology, Medicine, and Health Care" for University of Chicago alumni at the Uncommon Core Alumni Weekend in Chicago on June 2, 2012.
- Science Clouds and Their Impact on the Biological Sciences, NIH National Institute for Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) 2012 Bioinformatics and Computational Biosciences Festival, February 2, 2012, Bethesda, Maryland.
Search blog entries